Group Topic: Gender
Here's your chance to reflect on the mystery of male and female.
Last weekend, e-Dad and I celebrated our thirty-fourth anniversary. Thanks to a gift card from our children, we enjoyed appetizers, dessert, and live music at a local restaurant. Whoohoo!
Despite being together all these years—and perhaps because of it—we're certainly aware that we don't always view life from the same perspective. For instance, e-Dad wanted to sit outside in the cool evening air, while I thought it was too chilly to be out on the patio. Maybe you go through similar “thermostat wars."
Please join us for Marriage Monday on November 5, 2012. We’re continuing our series of 21 Hot Buttons in Marriage begun before my summer break. Like the other subjects we’ve covered as a community, gender differences came up in the comments as a problem or frustration in Christian marriage.
If you don't know where to begin, you might consider selecting one of the following writing prompts (not required).
1. Share a humorous story about how physical differences between you and your husband made you laugh out loud. (Family-friendly, of course.)
2. Discuss how your opposite communication styles have created conflicts in your marriage—and how you've learned to avoid misunderstandings.
3. Interview your husband for your blog post, asking him questions about his definition of “romance.”
4. Create a checklist of your top ten goals for your marriage, and ask your husband to rate those items according to his priorities. Post the results of both lists.
5. Compare and contrast the ways that you and your spouse express your Christian faith.
6. Or as always, you're free to cover this topic any way the Spirit leads.
See you soon!
He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man." (Genesis 5:2 NIV)
Photo: presta (Flickr)
Will you have time to join us on Monday?