There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden. (Prov 30:18-19 NIV)
Top Tips For Married Women
1. From this day forward promise, swear you will shower him with two words that are like air and water: "Thank You."
2. When he compliments you, smile broadly. Tell him you appreciate it.
3. Tuck his photo in your wallet. Let him know it’s there.
4. Looking good is feeling good. Don't ask him if you’re getting fat.
5. Don’t criticize. Especially when he gobbles down a bag of potato chips
6. Don’t give him driving directions unless he asks. Just smile. He’ll figure
7. Cook his favorite meals. Cooking is primal. It’s potent.
8. Make direct requests with as few words as possible. Get to the
9. When he makes a mistake, bite your tongue. Keep biting.
10. Give him some space. Let him do "guy" things without you.
From this day forward promise, swear you will shower him with two words that are like air and water:
11. E-mail him magazine and newspaper articles on topics of interest
12. Don’t expect him to be a great dancer. Be glad he’s willing to wiggle around and look foolish.
13. When he talks about his job, consider him the expert. Just listen quietly without making encouraging noises. (eg. “Oh” “I see” or
14. Learn the language of lingerie. White means “Tenderness.” Black means “Please Me.” Red means “I’m Hot.” Flannel means “Let’s Cuddle.”
15. Kiss him hello and good-bye every single day.
16. Set the lovemaking mood in advance: a lighted candle, his favorite perfume, music you both enjoy.
17. Develop an open attitude about "quickies" especially when
18. Plan a "gourmet" lovemaking event once-a-month. Don’t allow boredom to set in.
19. Reconnect through established rituals. A daily phone call, an evening walk, a weekly date night. Make these a priority.
20. Take care of yourself. When you’re happy and in a good mood, he thinks he’s done something to please you. You earn mega-points.
Looking for the Marriage Monday meme? Please visit Christine, at Fruit in Season. Originator of the MM meme, Christine has volunteered to be our guest hostess in May, June, July, and August. Today's topic is "Seasons of Marriage." I encourage you to get involved!
Life becomes super-busy for us during the warmer months, so I'll be off until September. See you back here for Marriage Monday when the weather begins to cool. Ciao for now!
What would you add to the list above?
Photos: rogiro (Flickr)
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS Feed