13 Differences Between the Sexes
5. Sexual arousal: Men are visually oriented, caring less about the romantic component or personal identity. Men can easily separate love and sex. She is attracted not to a photograph of an unknown model or by a handsome stranger, but to a particular man with whom she has entered into an emotional relationship. Women usually combine love and sex.
6. Men do not have as strong a desire and need for stability, security and enduring relationships as women do.
In a time of crisis, women tend to react with reference to their feelings. Men tend not to react with reference to feelings but with deducted thought and reason.
7. Women experience emotional influences that men do not because of the reproductive capacity: cycles, pregnancy, lactation, menopause.
11. Women are usually credited with possessing "mothers intuition" in regard to not just her children but all personal relationships. She may not be able to explain it, but she has a feeling about the situation that the man does not. She is usually right! Yet while she may be single-handedly responsible for sensing the situation, the man can usually chose the most appropriate course of action.
12. Society places much greater value on the masculine qualities. This has driven many women to feel "unfulfilled" in the home environment. Many women, being influenced by society and the images of TV, do not feel valued unless they are working outside the home for money. They would feel ashamed to be "just a housewife." This is very sad indeed.
Join the friendly folk over at the temporary new home of Thursday Thirteen.
What would you add to this list?
Photos: DarwinBell (Flickr)
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS Feed